WHY TO DO THE WORKSHOP ?
• The Ecole des Sables organizes quality workshops with dance teachers whose skills and quality are internationally recognized.
• To look at dance from a new angle and enrich the body language and expression
• The need for deconstruction of traditional dance practices for the establishment of new perspectives and usage.
• The opportunity to discover new dances offered by the visiting professors but also benefit from the sharing of knowledge, especially by the African dancers who will offer a traditional dance from their countries to the trainees.
• To know more about the history, the context and the reasons for existence of these dances.
• Benefit from seminars on the history of dances in Africa, the theory of aesthetic approaches.
• Connect with the particular energy of dances of Africa and integrate them into one’s work
• Stimulate new creativity through approaches based on the fusion of telluric energy and movement.
• By discovering another culture, understanding better and getting closer to one’s own culture
• Have simply “fun”.
The workshop is for professional dancers and advanced dancers from Africa, the African Diaspora and the rest of the world; researchers and academics, as well as professionals in other fields using dance for professional reasons (dance therapy, music therapy, singers, etc.) may also register on the condition of having as minimum an intermediate level (at least 3 years of regular and weekly dance practice).
The Ecole des Sables is located near Toubab Dialaw, a fishing village 53 kilometers south of Dakar, at the foot of a lagoon between ocean and savannah. The Center has two dance studios (400 m2 and 280 m2), 24 bungalows for trainee accommodation, a restaurant, a conference room and an infirmary.
THE COST OF THE WORSHOP (6 Weeks)
The workshop costs 2244 Euros including:
Accommodation: 10 Euros / day = 420 euros
Catering: 12 Euros / day = 504 Euros
The 210 hours of lessons: 6 Euros / h = 1260 Euros
Taxi from the airport to the school: 60 Euros
Travel and compulsory travel insurance are the responsibility of the participant.
Latest by May 15th, 2019 at the following email address: email@example.com by sending a CV, a motivation letter, the registration form , a recent passport photo and, if possible, a short video of a one-minute solo (YouTube link).
The registration form is downloadable here : http://ecoledessables.org/en/2019/01/16/stage-international-du-17-juillet-au-27-aout-2019/