ASSOCIATION JANT-BI – ÉCOLE DES SABLES / TOUBAB DIALAW, SENEGAL
The Ecole des Sables is, at the same time, a school of theoretical and practical teaching, a research laboratory, a place for meetings and exchanges, conferences and artistic residencies.
The Jant-Bi association also has its company of the same name which presents its choreographic creations all over the world.
- Organise quality workshops with dance teachers whose skills are recognised internationally.
- Look at dance from a new perspective and enrich body language and expression.
- Deconstructing traditional dance practices for the development of new perspectives and uses.
- The opportunity to discover new dances offered by the guest teachers but also to benefit from the knowledge sharing, in particular, between the African dancers who will offer a traditional dance from their country to the trainees.
- To learn more about the history, context and reasons for the existence of these dances.
- To benefit from seminars on the history of dances in Africa, the theory of aesthetic approaches.
- Connecting with the special energy of African dances and integrating them into its work.
- Stimulating new creativity through approaches based on the fusion of telluric energy and movement.
- Discovering another culture in order to understand and get closer to one’s own culture.
This training is aimed at professional and advanced dancers from Africa, the african diaspora and the rest of the world and is limited to 40 participants.
The course invites professionals that are using dance for professional reasons (dance therapy, music therapy, actor-singers, etc.), to enrol if they have an intermediate level of dance of at least 3 years of regular weekly dance practice.
THE COST OF THE COURSEThe course costs 2328 Euros including:
Accommodation: 10 Euros/day = 420 Euros
Catering: 14 Euros/day = 588 Euros
The 210 hours of lessons: 6 Euros/hour = 1260 Euros
Taxi from the airport to the School: 60 Euros
Travel and compulsory travel insurance are the responsibility of the trainee.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENSIONBy 28 May 2021 at 5pm GMT
to the following e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
or by filling in the registration form bellow and attaching the following documents:
– a C.V.,
– a cover letter,
– a recent passport photo and,
– a short video of a one-minute solo (YouTube, Vimeo or Instagram link).
To download the informative PDF of International Professional Workshop
Applications OPEN until May 28