ASSOCIATION JANT-BI – ÉCOLE DES SABLES / TOUBAB DIALAW, SENEGAL
The Ecole des Sables is, at the same time, a school of theoretical and practical teaching, a research laboratory, a place for meetings and exchanges, conferences and artistic residencies.
The Jant-Bi association also has its company of the same name which presents its choreographic creations all over the world.
- Organise quality workshops with dance teachers whose skills are recognised internationally.
- Look at dance from a new perspective and enrich body language and expression.
- Deconstructing traditional dance practices for the development of new perspectives and uses.
- The opportunity to discover new dances offered by the guest teachers but also to benefit from the knowledge sharing, in particular, between the African dancers who will offer a traditional dance from their country to the trainees.
- To learn more about the history, context and reasons for the existence of these dances.
- To benefit from seminars on the history of dances in Africa, the theory of aesthetic approaches.
- Connecting with the special energy of African dances and integrating them into its work.
- Stimulating new creativity through approaches based on the fusion of telluric energy and movement.
- Discovering another culture in order to understand and get closer to one’s own culture.
THE COST OF THE COURSE
The course costs 2328 Euros including:
Accommodation: 10 Euros/day = 420 Euros
Catering: 14 Euros/day = 588 Euros
The 210 hours of lessons: 6 Euros/hour = 1260 Euros
Taxi from the airport to the School: 60 Euros
Travel and compulsory travel insurance are the responsibility of the trainee.
No later than 14 May 2021 at the following e-mail address :
or by filling in the registration form bellow and attaching the following documents:
– a C.V.,
– a cover letter,
– a recent passport photo and,
– a short video of a one-minute solo (YouTube, Vimeo or Instagram link).
To download the informative PDF of International Professional Workshop
Follow this link to register Now